A clean air loan may cover the cost of new heating equipment or insulation!
Environment Southland and the Invercargill City Council have both agreed to contribute $500,000 each per year for the next three years for a low-interest loans scheme, which will be managed by Awarua Synergy and the Southland Warm Homes Trust.
The aim of the scheme is to assist Invercargill residents to make the change to cleaner heating ensuring compliance with the Governments National Environmental Standards for Air Quality, changing over open fires, old wood and multi-fuel burners to efficient clean heating appliances.
Who can apply?
Anybody who lives in the Invercargill airshed and is an Invercargill City Council ratepayer. Applicants must have no rates currently in arrears with either the Invercargill City Council or Environment Southland. Must also have an open fire, old wood burner or multi-fuel burner.
Details of loans:
- You can borrow up to $5,000.
- The loan will be repaid over five years directly to the Invercargill City Council.
- A low-interest rate of 3.95% will be charged.
- You must have home insulation up to the recommended government standard. If you don’t have insulation the loan will cater for this.
- The loan can be used to replace a current non-compliant heating source with a compliant wood burner, pellet burner or approved heat pump and/or upgrade insulation.
How do I apply?
Applications for the scheme must be made through Awarua Synergy who are the service providers for the Southland Warm Homes Trust. Our team will meet with you and complete an assessment of your home, before recommending the most effective and efficient form of heating. Our team will help you complete the loan application forms and once approved the insulation or clean air heating will be installed.
If the above applies to you and you would like to apply for a loan, please fill in our Contact Form.
Take the first step toward your efficient clean heating– call your expert team at Awarua Synergy today on 0800 WARM SOUTH for a FREE, unconditional assessment.